This inaugural issue of Ash presents an array of relatable perspectives on body image, beauty and self-love, challenging the narratives often found in mainstream media.
Some of what’s inside:
- Radical self-love and acceptance
- The reality of self-love post childbirth
- Why representation matters
- Posing nude and being a muse
- Why make-up is political
- Fetishization of women of colour
- Tits! Lots of tits!
- A dissection of one woman’s dieting history, and why it’s time to stop
- Survey results: how Instagram really makes you feel
- Curing the curse of comparison
- Living in ‘bad’ skin
- What to eat after a long, hormonal ugly cry
- Being dirty (to save the planet)
Featuring work from:
Harnaam Kaur, Charlie Craggs, Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower, Nabihah Iqbal, Naomi Shimada, Helene Morris of Lonely Lingerie, Aweng Chuol, Grace Victory, Sol Bela, Critstina Banban, Lilian Martinez, Nat B, Araki Koman, J C Cowans, Lucy Sheridan, and Anti Diet Riot Club.
Published by Ash Magazine
240 × 165 mm
Please note: Local pick-up of orders is available from
The Library Project at 4 Temple Bar Street, Dublin 2.