King’s Road, Kevin Griffin

6.00

Limited edition of 200
TLP Editions, Published by PhotoIreland Foundation
Softcover, 100gsm paper
36 pages
148×210 mm
NO ISBN

Shipping world-wide.
Please note: Local pick-up of orders is available from The Library Project at 4 Temple Bar Street, Dublin 2

The King’s Road was built in 1694 by King Charles II as a private thoroughfare stretching from St James’ Palace to Fulham. In more recent years, it became known as a place of fashion dominated by independent boutiques, the birthplace of the mini-skirt and Punk Rock.

In 1984, armed with his brand new Canon A-1 and one roll of film, Kevin photographed passers-by sitting opposite The Pheasantry in The Kings Road. It was really a way of familiarising himself with the new technology the camera offered. He never printed any of the pictures until 2017, when he found the roll of negatives stuffed away in a box at his parents’ attic.

Kevin returned to the same location in May 2017 to shoot for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon, this time armed with a digital Canon. He shot the equivalent of eight rolls.

“Obviously the place has changed, far too many trees, phones, MacDonald’s and way more buses. Not so many people though, perhaps they were shopping online.”

kevingriffinphoto.com

A Project by PhotoIreland Foundation. Edition of 200.

Additional information

Weight56 kg
Dimensions21 x 14.8 cm